But here goes anyway....
I'm definitely not trying to stir up controversy, as there is so much emotion running hot right now, and I feel like it's turned into a "which side are you on?" thing when I know, KNOW that none of my Facebook friends think the killing of ANY innocent people is ever justified or right, but I saw an argument under a Black Lives Matter graphic today that is just irritating the heck out of me. Under the graphic, another person challenged "ALL Lives Matter". Fair enough. But then another person started arguing with the ALM person that by saying black lives matter, no one is discounting that all lives matter - and then went on to liken it to saying "Save The Rainforest" doesn't mean "to hell with all the other forests".
Um...no, it doesn't.
But if someone who, say, lives near the redwood forests in Oregon travels to the rainforest in Brazil and destroys a tree...does the rainforest in, say, West Africa respond by burning down a redwood forest in *California*?!?!?!?!?!
I mean, that's what happened in Dallas. And by isolating ANY group of people, we are creating separation. We all want to be treated equally, right? Then WHY do people keep separating themselves? Why are there all black colleges? Could you imagine the backlash if there was an "all white" college? The double standards in this country are astounding. White people aren't allowed to be proud of the race we were (also) BORN into - we must pay forever for the sins of our ancestors. Why is there "gay pride" - can't we all be proud of who we were born to be? Do we have to make some STATEMENT, further isolating ourselves? Why do we INSIST on labels? Why can't we just be - PEOPLE???
And WE - yes, WE - not just the media...WE perpetuate these tragedies with our constant shares on Facebook/Twitter/etc. How many people posted the video of the innocent man in MN being killed by the officer (note: who wasn't - dare I say - WHITE!!)? I saw that video pop up many, MANY times throughout the day. I didn't watch it - couldn't bear to. But now we can't let justice do its due diligence anymore...we gotta incite anger/fear and a need for retribution against MORE innocent people??? And come to our own conclusions. And now there's MORE widows/widowers, MORE kids without a parent, more mothers/fathers without a child. FOR WHAT?!?!?!!?
Black kill black. White kill white. Black kill white. White kill black. How about everyone quit trying to be Dirty Harry, put your damn guns down, play with your kids, get outside and take in the beauty around you, embrace LIFE - and QUIT with all the freaking HATRED!
No comments:
Post a Comment