Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Some People!!

Just feeling irritated right now.  I have a guy who is undergoing a background investigation for a TS Clearance.  He's a hoity-toity executive that owns a defense contracting company.  He lives out of state, but the company is here in GA.  I drive ALL the way to its location today (1.5 hours ONE WAY) to interview co-workers, check his employment record, etc.  I get there and this woman answers the door and when I go through my spiel, she looks at me like I have 3 heads and says "We haven't been trained to do this".  WTF?  What TRAINING do you need to answer some questions?  So, anyway, she consults with another employee and then proceeds to tell me they won't answer any questions today.

I leave and drive the 1.5 hours back home.  Still pretty pissed off because I have NUMBERS to meet and my week has pretty much sucked stat-wise, I decide to send the Subject (of the investigation) an email and ask him if he would let his employees know it's okay to talk with me.  I told him I will be back in town tomorrow if they can meet with me.  Otherwise, my work the next 2 weeks is going to be taking me in a completely opposite geographical location.  I'm thinking, at worst, it'll piss the employees off for going over their head, but - at best - he'll understand the importance of them talking to me as it relates to the timeliness of his security clearance application. Boy, was I wrong!  Instead, this pompous blowhard calls me back and says he's glad to know his employees are following protocol and if I want to talk to them, I need to give him contact information of my superiors and reason for my visit, etc, etc.  WTF, dude?!?!!?  This is YOUR clearance!  I don't give a flying eff if you get it or not...seriously.  I was trying to do my job as thoroughly as possible.  I could have just RT/UC'd the item (those in the biz know what I'm talking about), but I wanted to give it my best effort.  Then he proceeds to tell me, "Well, since you are investigating me, you must know that I ran for Congress in 2008".  I said, "No, honestly, I had no idea".  Him, "WHAT?  How could you not know?  Anyone who you talk to about me would know that!".  To which I said "Umm...right.  But, remember, no one will talk to me".  Fucking twit.  Though I did interview one neighbor and she never mentioned it (which makes me chuckle now).  He said "Oh, the FEC would have all of my financial records and everything".  I DON'T CARE!  We don't do checks with the FEC, for crying out loud.

He did go on to say (again, as if I cared), "The guy I was up against was an Incumbent, so he beat me pretty handily".  Right then and there I knew....this guy's a Democrat.  We *are* in GA after all.  Democrats always lose in the suburbs in GA :-).

I hope we find something nefarious on this jagoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment