It went MUCH better than last year. No tears at the end of the day. Poor Delaney did have a meltdown the night before, which is very much unlike her. She had gone to bed, but a short time later came bursting in our room, in tears. She had herself so worked up with dread, she couldn't sleep. She puts so much pressure on herself. You wouldn't really be able to tell during the school year, but I know her. I know she does. But she had a good day. Here was their commentary when they each came home yesterday (as posted to Facebook):
10th grader: All my teachers are nice. And I have a class with Derick!
8th grader: My homeroom teacher is so funny! And my Science teacher even funnier!
5th grader: I have the NICEST 5th grade teacher in the school! Everyone else has morning work - we don't. Everyone else got homework tonight - we didn't!
1st grader: I hate 1st grade.
(Okay, so the last one wasn't necessarily positive, but it's Josie...she was pretty determined before she started that she was going to hate 1st grade).






No comments:
Post a Comment